Montco Man Planned to Kidnap, Rape and Kill Estranged Wife, District Attorney Says

A Montgomery County man is in custody on charges of
attempted murder, attempted kidnapping, and attempted rape, stemming from the
alleged assault of his estranged wife at the King of Prussia Walmart Sunday

Geoffrey Kay-Conway Sr., 52, of Upper Merion, was charged on
Monday with attempted murder, attempted kidnapping, attempted rape, and
aggravated assault, as well as additional counts of stalking, unlawful
restraint, false imprisonment, and related offenses. He was subsequently remanded
to county jail without bail.

Police were dispatched to the Walmart on North Gulph Road at
10:45 a.m. on Nov. 18 for a report of a domestic assault in progress involving
a man, later identified as Kay-Conway, allegedly attacking his estranged wife in
a Nissan Rogue in the parking lot. Arriving police located the victim in the
parking lot, who said she had managed to escape Kay-Conway after he had stabbed
her in the leg multiple times, according to charging documents.

Kay-Conway was located in a nearby parking lot and taken
into custody, investigators said. At the time he was located, he was found with
a large, metal pick sticking out of his sweatshirt pocket, as well as black zip
ties in the shape of handcuffs, according to police.

Investigators found a black duffle bag in a nearby pickup
truck which contained numerous items, including a black pepperball gun, three
piercing tools — one of which had the victim’s name on it — as well as a
blindfold, duct tape, knives, zip ties, wire cutters, pliers and other tools,
KY jelly, a court order, and a note addressed to Kay-Conway’s brother, police

The court order was from a Protection From Abuse (PFA) violation
hearing, stemming from Kay-Conway’s arrest for stalking in October — a case in
which Kay-Conway was released on $5,000 unsecured bail, investigators said. On
the bottom of the order, Kay-Conway had written “…I have 1.5 months to Kill
that B—h. Could have Killed her 17 times if I wanted. What a week [sic] system,”
according to the criminal complaint.

Police said a two-page note written by Kay-Conway also read, in part:

“Well by now Michelle and I are
both dead. So there really is nothing to worry about. Listen tell everyone,
there is nothing anybody could have done. Going down to (address redacted for
victim’s privacy) everyday almost everyday to observe her habits when she
leaves work where she parks. On which days she goes to the passenger side
before getting in on the drivers side. Her routes home. I even tried to let her
see me a couple of times, not sure if she did or not. Depending where she
parks, some days are more ideal than others. If I cant do it on an ideal day,
it will happen the weekend before Thanksgiving somewhere around town. I just
have to follow her Sat or Sun morning and grab her when she goes to her car
going Store 2 Store, informing her if she screams, yells or tries to run that I
will shoot her in the face. Not a day has gone by since she left that I didn’t
think about killing that b—h. … So when I’m done rapeing that c–t I’ll kill her.
Am I Crazy, yes I am, and I told her not to Fuck with our family. That I am
more than capable of doing some really bad shit. She totally underestimated me.
I’m out. G”

Investigators said Kay-Conway had installed a tracking
device on the victim’s vehicle and followed her to the Walmart, where he assaulted
her and attempted to abduct her.

Prior to the alleged attack on Sunday, investigators said a
temporary PFA for the victim was awarded on Sept. 28, and a final, yearlong PFA
was awarded on Oct. 5. Despite the PFA, Kay-Conway was arrested on Oct. 20 for
stalking the victim, and he was also charged with indirect criminal contempt on
Oct. 31, at which point he was released on unsecured bail following the court
hearing, police said.

“The most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence
is when she leaves her abuser. This victim worked to keep herself safe by
obtaining a PFA and reporting the defendant when he violated the PFA by obsessively
stalking her. Thankfully, bystanders intervened to help the victim yesterday,”
said Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele. “This case demonstrates
just how dangerous domestic violence is, including stalking behavior. Laurel
House and the Women’s Center of Montgomery County are always available to help
victims and those looking to leave an abusive relationship.”

According to Laurel House, Montgomery County’s comprehensive
domestic violence agency, national statistics show that 81% of women who were
stalked by a current or former husband/cohabitating partner were also
physically assaulted by that partner and 31% were sexually assaulted. Laurel
House can be reached through a toll-free hotline 800-642-3150 or by texting “HOPE”
to 85511. Trained volunteers are able to provide information and help, which
can include shelter, counseling and an array of services. Its website is

The Women’s Center of Montgomery County can be reached at its
toll-free number 800-773-2424. Its website is

Kay-Conway’s next court appearance is a preliminary hearing
on Dec. 11 in front of Magisterial District Judge Patrick Krouse.

All suspects and defendants are innocent until proven
guilty. This story was compiled using police reports, court records and the
affidavit of probable cause.

See also:

Arrested for Killing Mother, Brother in Montco Double Homicide, Police Say

Charged in Death of 7-Year-Old Girl Who Died After Falling Off Back of Pickup

Arrested After Pistol Whipping Teen Outside of Oakwood Gardens in Lansdale,
Police Say

Men from Hatfield, Lansdale Accused of Manufacturing and Trafficking Ghost Guns
and Silencers

Couple from Telford Facing New Charges Following Incidents in Telford and
Sellersville, Police Say

Latest news
Related news